Shield Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Play?

3 posters

Go down

How to Play? Empty How to Play?

Post by Emerald Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:34 am

Once both players have accepted to battle, then I will PM both the participants to choose their race.

Every race has its pros and cons. It is for you to decide which race you will play with. Also, you need to pick a colour with which you will identify yourself.

Once, the players have replied to me with the race they want to play as, a new topic will be posted which will display a map. A map will have some places marked as:

How to Play? Land

This is land and it is the place where your units can move.

How to Play? Water

This is water you cannot move here.

How to Play? Gold

This is the location of a gold mine. You can mine gold here if you have your workers over here. If you have a town hall or great hall at this location then you will get double gold per turn.

Once the battle starts, a location info will be written describing where your units are. The location info is given just below the map. You start with a Town Hall or a Great Hall over a gold mine and 5 workers who can mine gold for you.

Next, each turn has two phases. Move Phase and Action Phase. In the move phase you can move your units from one square to any of the accessible surrounding squares. There is no limit to how many units you can move. In the Action Phase, you will decide what to do. You can:

--> Mine Gold.
--> Create Buildings.
--> Train Units.
--> Attack or Defend.

Mining Gold: This is quite simple, if your workers are at the location of a gold mine you can use them to mine gold. Each race has its own rate of mining. Remember, if you have a town hall or great hall, your gold mining rate is doubled. You can have a maxiumum of 10 workers mining gold.

Create Buildings: If you are at an empty square, then you can create a building here using a worker. You can use a maximum of three workers to build. If you use two workers the speed is increased by 50% and if you use three workers speed is doubled.

Train Units: Training new units takes gold and a few turns.

Attack or Defend: If you had previously moved your units to a square where your enemy is present then a conflict will occur. More detail on this is below.

Conflicts:

If you and your opponent's troops are at the same location then a conflict will occur.

For each conflict, a map will be posted, something like this:

How to Play? Sample_map

This map is for two players with colours red and blue. The player who chose red can place his units in the red area and the player who chose blue can place his units in the blue area.

The size of the map depends upon the total number of troops that are involved in the battle.

And the size of the place where you can deploy your troops depends upon the number of troops you and your opponent have.

This means, if you have a lot more troops than your opponent, you can actually have more area to place your troops and your enemy has lesser places to place his troops.

To deploy units, you have to PM me. Once, the units have been placed the actual battle begins.

Each turn you can get your units to:

--> Move
--> Attack
--> Use Ability

Move: You can move your unit to any nearby square that isn't already occupied. If you are attacked while moving, you take 50% less damage.

Attack: You can attack enemy units within range. Melee units like Swordsman and Axeman may only attack units if they are on any of the surrounding squares. Ranged units have a specific range for their attack. For instance, an archer has a range of 4 squares so if a unit is at a distance of four squares then the archer can attack him.

Use Ability: You can also use an ability if you want on units within range unless otherwise specified.

[more to come]
Emerald
Emerald
Officer
Officer

Credits : 44

Back to top Go down

How to Play? Empty Re: How to Play?

Post by LeoGautama Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:34 am

Oo the rules looks complicated
Maybe I miss this on your post but did all units can move in 1 turn?
LeoGautama
LeoGautama
Lv.1 First Class Sergeant
Lv.1 First Class Sergeant

Credits : 2720

Your Shield
Level: 1
Medals:
Clan Size: 0

Back to top Go down

How to Play? Empty Re: How to Play?

Post by Master Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:00 am